THE REVIEWS ARE IN FOR BUFFALO HEIGHTS!
“Entertaining throughout ... brought the house down laughing ... Nina Leese [is] a very powerful actress and presence on stage.”
— Lance Evans, StageBuddy
“It was awesome! Witty and fun and thought provoking and surprising ... wonderfully performed ... Go see BUFFALO HEIGHTS!”
— Jessica Ammirati, Going to Tahiti Productions
“TIC has a talented ensemble cast ...
Shelley Little is a great comedienne ...
Joe Mullen is a dynamic presence!”
— Rori Nogee, Tracy’s New York Life
Casting WHALE SONG, TIC's Fall 2014 Show!
Casting notice: 3 men and 2 women (union and non-union) for fall production of the comedic play WHALE SONG by Claire Kiechel.
AEA showcase, approval pending. Stipend is $200 for the run.
Whale Song is a thought-provoking dark comedy about Maya, a NY school teacher at the end of her rope. First her father dies in a whale tank, and now a whale is circling the island of Manhattan, singing and making it nearly impossible for Maya to teach her students, talk to her sister or her boyfriend, and to deal with life. First produced in 2011 at FringeNYC, Tongue in Cheek Theater's revival will run Oct. 28-Nov. 8 in midtown.
• MAYA SWAN (Caucasian, 28). A dedicated kindergarten teacher, struggling to concentrate following the untimely death of her father. All actresses may be seen for both Maya and Sarah roles, no need to submit twice.
• SARAH SWAN (Caucasian, 32). Logical big sister to Maya. Plays an additional small comedic character later in the play. All actresses may be seen for both Maya and Sarah roles, no need to submit twice.
• JAMES SWAN (Caucasian, 45+). Sweet, smart, if erratic father of Maya and Sarah. Plays a few other small, comedic roles throughout the play.
• MARK (any ethnicity, 29). Charismatic boyfriend, puzzled by Maya’s behavior.
• SHEP (any ethnicity, 28-32). A mellow, charming drummer (note any musical/rhythmic abilities – drums with drumsticks throughout) hired by Maya to drown out the whale song. Plays a few other small, comedic roles throughout the play.
Auditions will be held in midtown Saturday, August 16 from 12:30-4:30 pm and callbacks on Sunday, August 17 from 1-3 pm.
First read-through will be Tuesday, September 9 in midtown.
Rehearsals will be Tue/Wed/Thur evenings, September 16-October 23 in midtown.
Tech: evenings of Monday October 27 and Tuesday, October 28.
9 evening performances: Wednesday, October 29-Saturday, November 1 and Tuesday, November 4-Saturday, November 8 at The Bridge Theatre @ Shetler Studios in midtown NYC.
Please only submit if you can commit to the majority of rehearsals and all tech/performance dates.
Interested actors should send a brief e-mail including head shot, resume and website/links, union status, and note any scheduling conflicts to email@example.com